The 25SATSAS35 2.5-inch SATA/SAS to 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive Converter converts a 2.5-inch SATA or SAS hard drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) into a 3.5-inch form factor SATA hard drive.
The converter provides a versatile solution for 2.5-inch drive installations, enabling you to install a 2.5-inch SATA/SAS drive in a 3.5-inch bay, drive drawer caddy/tray, or into a 3.5-inch drive enclosure. To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
Suitable for drives with a height of up to 15mm, virtually any 2.5-inch SATA or SAS hard drive can be made to look and function like a 3.5-inch hard drive - complete with standard mounting points along the sides and bottom (including 3 points along the sides for compatibility with some Dell systems). The drive converter features a trayless design for simple drive installation and removal, and is constructed of durable, yet lightweight plastics, with ventilation openings to aid air flow and help keep hard drives running cooler.
- Trayless design: hard drives are not mounted into separate trays/enclosures
- Supports 2.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD) up to 15mm in height
- Standard 3.5" hard drive mounting points along sides and bottom
- Power indicator LED
- Lightweight plastic construction with air vents
- Plug and play and hot swap compatible
- Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Support for SAS revision I/II (3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Use available 2.5" hard drives in place of a 3.5" hard drive
- Install a 2.5" hard drive into a 3.5" hard drive enclosure or backplane
- Turn unused 2.5" hard drives into additional storage in a desktop computer
- Use large capacity 12.5mm SATA drives as a front bay removable drive