Pro AV Catalog
Research Our AV Products
Pro AV Catalog
Research Our AV Products
CHICAGO November 16, 2010 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its new U Series with the 3000-lumen U300X and 3100-lumen U310W. The complete elimination of shadows and glare typically found with standard projection systems is accomplished by mounting these ultra short throw projectors to the wall above the screen, making them ideal for education environments using interactive or standard whiteboards.
The 3D-ready U300X and U310W are built with powerful DLP® and DLP Link technologies from Texas Instruments. For corporate customers that lack the space required for a standard projector, these projectors offer a compelling alternative. They offer XGA and WXGA resolutions, respectively, and brightness up to 3100 lumens. Their connectivity includes HDMI and dual computer inputs, as well as variable audio out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume through the projector's remote control.
"NEC is proud to debut this advanced technology to our customers in the education and corporate markets," said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. "The ability to easily integrate these models into classrooms and simplify the presenting process is our ultimate goal."
U Series models make use of a variety of eco-friendly features that lengthen the life of the projector, saving money and energy in the process. ECO ModeTM technology extends lamp life up to 3000 hours while lowering power consumption. Power management controls contribute to energy savings by automatically turning the unit off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs, while quick start (20 seconds) and shutdown allow for immediate use and power off functionality without the need for a cooling period.
The U300X and U310W projectors include the following features:
- Throw ratio of 0.377:1 (U300X) and 0.3:1 (U310W)
- Brightness of 3000 lumens (U300X) and 3100 lumens (U310W)
- Contrast ratio of 2000:1
- Lamp life up to 3000 hours (in ECO Mode)
- 3D capability increases interactivity between presenters and audience
- HDMI connectivity and dual computer inputs, which ensure quick switching between presentations
- Variable audio out connects the projector to an external speaker and controls the volume with the projector's remote control
- Integrated RJ45 connection provides for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability)
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) controls the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Remote diagnostics enable the user to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely
- Closed captioning enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
- Automatic vertical keystone correction allows the projector to be tilted up or down and still produce a square image without the need to make manual image adjustments
- Auto Power On eliminates the need for a remote control by automatically turning the projector on when AC power is supplied
- Quick start lets you begin presenting in about 20 seconds, while quick shutdown allows immediate power off with no cooling required
- Powerful 10-watt speaker fills the volume requirements for most classrooms and conference rooms
- Optional wall mount kit, which is available separately or as a bundled solution with the projector, provides flexibility during integration and allows for wall mounting directly above the screen (NP01WK1)
The U300X and U310W projectors will be available for December 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $1,199 and $1,299, respectively. Both projectors come with a standard 2-year limited parts and labor warranty, including the first year with InstaCareâ„¢ (repair and return in three business days or next business day exchange).