RMServer is a compact hardware unit that runs RMS over Ethernet. Situated between the computer running Compass and the loudspeaker cabinets, RMServer’s two FT-10 ports can be connected to up to 50 RMS loudspeakers or 12 MPS-488HP power supplies. Since each MPS-488HP powers eight loudspeakers, one RMServer can monitor 96 48V loudspeakers connected to MPS-488HPs that are equipped with the RMS option.
RMServer stores system configurations internally, eliminating most manual data entry. A system can be monitored from a laptop at front-of-house or backstage, or via a tablet computer as the engineer or system tech moves around the venue. RMServer offers email alerts of any issues with your system, so you can rest assured your system is being monitored, even when Compass is not running. The integration of RMS into Compass control software puts all your system management tools right at your fingertips from controlling Galileo or Callisto processors and CAL loudspeakers to remote monitoring with Compass RMS. With each loudspeaker storing its own ID internally and RMServer storing system configurations, setting up an RMS system in Compass is quick and easy.
The complete remote monitoring system shall be based on a client server architecture consisting of a standalone remote monitoring server device that connects and monitors FT-10 equipped loudspeaker devices to an Ethernet network capable computer and is controlled by Compass Software. The remote monitoring server shall be called RMServer. RMServer is a central component of the system that connects the computer running Compass on Mac or Windows and loudspeakers equipped with RMS module.
RMServer can connect directly with computer or connect to a network switch if more than one unit is required. The Ethernet connection allows host computer to remotely control RMServer. RMServer is equipped with two-conductor twisted-pair network and reports all operating parameters of amplifiers to the host computer running Compass. Each RMServer can support up to 50 single node active loudspeakers, 25 dual node active loudspeakers or 12 MPS-488HP remote power supplies that are equipped with an RMS module.
- Extensive real-time loudspeaker feedback for amplifiers, drivers, limiting, cooling, and fault alerts
- Ethernet-based control and communications built on open standard
- Backwards-compatible with existing RMS-equipped Meyer Sound loudspeakers
- RMServer controlled and configured within Compass software.
- Mute and solo individual loudspeakers or groups of loudspeakers via Compass software
- Wink and ID controls from compass software easily locate any loudspeaker in the entire system
- Loudspeaker RMS modules connect easily to networks with twisted-pair cabling
- Email notifications even when compass is not connected