Pro AV Catalog
Research Our AV Products
Pro AV Catalog
Research Our AV Products
Featured at InfoComm 2016, Platform Offers New Solution Partners, Resulting in Truly Interactive Smart Digital Signage Displays
LAS VEGAS, June 9, 2016 – Expanded solution partners for the commercial version of LG Electronics’ popular webOS smart TV platform – “webOS for Signage,” implemented in even more LG commercial displays this year – offers convenient new options for business owners deploying smart digital signage solutions.
Optimized for commercial applications, LG’s webOS for Signage, the all-in-one hardware and software platform built upon the popularity of the webOS smart TV platform for consumer televisions, is bringing a new level of integrated benefits to businesses deploying digital signage displays. LG’s digital signage displays feature a high-performance system-on-a-chip (SoC) which works with LG’s webOS for Signage platform to lower the cost of ownership by eliminating the need for PCs or external media players.
Demonstrated at InfoComm 2016, LG’s integrated SoC running webOS allows system integrators to download useful content and develop customized applications that fit their exact needs. With webOS for Signage, LG’s Smart Platform Signage can be updated simply and quickly via a smartphone or tablet. WiFi connectivity eliminates the need for a wired connection or costly network infrastructure.
“Beyond providing customized and functional solutions for business owners and system integrators, LG’s webOS for Signage now offers business owners a swath of customer experience upgrades, cloud-based solutions, mobile accessibility, screen control, multi-touch solutions with LG’s expanded solution partners,” said Garry Wicka, head of marketing for LG Electronics USA.
New and noteworthy software partnerships are expanding cloud-based digital signage solutions for LG digital displays featuring the webOS platform, as highlighted this week at InfoComm:
- Industry Weapon’s support of webOS centers on its powerful yet simple digital signage software, CommandCenterHD, built for non-technical users with capabilities that ease the burden of content creation. Poised for launch on LG smart signage displays this fall, the Industry Weapon platform is powerful, managing complex integrations, scheduling and permission requirements for business and government applications.
- Scala is taking its webOS support to the next level by backing innovative new digital signage and customer experience solutions on LG commercial displays powered by webOS. The combined strengths of Scala’s market-leading platform and webOS, along with LG’s display quality and ease of deployment, will give clients new first-class options to meet their needs, drive their brand, and in turn, delight their customers.
- Gauddi is the world’s first digital signage platform exclusively dedicated to LG webOS, and offers a cloud-based solution that’s as intuitive to set up and use as a smartphone. With a Video on Demand feature, content can be stored on the display, and recalled for playback using the LG remote.
- PingHD’s EngagePHD™ is an easy-to-use, scalable, Web-based content management and digital signage network monitoring application, with optimized support for LG’s webOS enabled commercial displays and their integrated beacon technology.
- ONELAN is a highly scalable CMS for both on-premise and cloud-hosted deployments. Customers can use any standard browser to log into CMS, and the software is designed for best-in-class media playback, scheduling capabilities, offline content playback, multi-media & multi zone, ultra-smooth ticker and live HDMI inputs.
- Signagelive’s low-cost, fully-supported cloud solution that runs on LG’s flexible webOS for signage platform eliminates the need for external media players to run and manage digital signage campaigns, and is interactive with product displays. It was the first to launch a webOS solution in the United States.
- Intuilab’s support for webOS for Signage focuses on multi-touch content development. IntuiFace allows customers to build modern, engaging, highly functional interactive experiences with superior wayfinding abilities for any audience without writing code to create everything from digital signage to sales pitches, museum exhibits, point-of-sale kiosks and more.
LG’s solution partner demonstrations at InfoComm exemplify the growing number of best-in-class partners to support webOS for Signage as the platform continues to expand and evolve from basic solutions to full-scale enterprise solutions.
Visitors to LG’s booth at InfoComm 2016 (June 8-10, Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall #C8308) will be able to experience LG’s smart commercial displays first hand.