Compact, convenient, and ultra high definition. The GY-LS300 is equipped with a 4K Super 35 CMOS sensor and accommodates a wide range of cinema and photographic lenses and adapters for dazzling cinematic effects. Create hours of pristine recordings on SDHC/SDXC media in a variety of image formats including 4K Ultra HD, Full HD with 4:2:2 sampling, SD and web friendly proxy formats. Conventional DSLR cameras simply can't match the high reliability, long recording time and ergonomics provided by JVC's GY-LS300. Its dual codec design allows you to make 2 copies of your program simultaneously. You can even stream live HD over the internet to content delivery networks such as USTREAM while recording full HD. No other removable lens video camera offers this much flexibility in such a compact, easy-to-handle form factor.
Super 35 CMOS 4K Image Sensor
The GY-LS300 features a JVCKENWOOD AltaSens 4K CMOS Super 35 high sensitivity image sensor uniquely combined with an industry standard Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens mount. The single chip CMOS sensor has approximately 13.5 megapixels and achieves a standard sensitivity of ISO 400 with a total of 12 stops of exposure latitude. Super 35 Cinema lenses may be used and will retain their native angle of view.* When the camera is used with MFT, Super 16 and other size lenses, JVC's proprietary Variable Scan Mapping feature will maintain the lens's native angle of view. This gives filmmakers the flexibility of using widely available MFT lenses as well as high end cinema lenses. It is also possible to attach the camera to microscopes and other devices using a MFT/C-mount adaptor. The unique combination of the MFT mount, the larger S35 image sensor and Variable Scan Mapping give the camera nearly limitless lens options.
The Micro Four Thirds mount offers full coverage of the Super 35 sensor, as shown in this actual photographic comparison with an MFT sensor. With the GY-LS300, you get all the benefits of the MFT mount plus the benefits of a larger sensor.
4K Ultra HD Recording at 150Mbps and Live Output
Working with 4K has never been easier! Insert an SDHC or SDXC (UHS-I Speed class3) memory card and record hours of 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) material. Recordings are made using the Quicktime (.MOV) file format and are compatible with many popular editing systems. Connect a 4K Ultra HD monitor with a single HDMI cable, and view the camera's live 4K signal. You can also play back recorded files directly from the camera. The GY-LS300 also downconverts UHD signals to standard HD for output through the built-in SDI or HDMI connectors.
4:2:2 Full HD recording at 50Mbps
The GY-LS300 records 4:2:2 HD signals up to 60p at 50Mbps making it an ideal camera for general HD production work. 50Mbps files are stored in the Quicktime (.MOV) format for easy editing. Conventional AVCHD (4:2:0) recording is also possible, providing wide editing compatibility in an array of standard HD and SD formats.
Dual SDHC/SDXC Card Slots
Dual SDHC/SDXC card slots make the GY-LS300 a truly versatile camcorder, offering such benefits as simultaneous recording and relay recording. In relay recording mode, you can shoot continuously and seamlessly over multiple cards. When one card is full, the camcorder switches seamlessly and automatically to the other card.
- Newly developed 4K Super 35 CMOS image sensor
- Micro four thirds system lens mount
- Variable Scan Mapping maintains native angle of view for a variety of lenses including Super 35, MFT and Super 16
- Adapters available for PL and EF mount lenses
- 4K ultra HD recording (150 Mbps, 24p/25p/30p) to SDHC/SDXC(UHS-I Speed class3) card
- 4:2:2 Full HD recording at 50Mbps (24p-60p)
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16 and 1/64)
- HD-SDI (3G) and HDMI outputs (4K output via HDMI only)
- 2-channel XLR audio inputs with phantom power
- Shotgun microphone included
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable Dual, Backup and Continuous recording
- Advanced JVC streaming engine compatible with USTREAM, Zixi and Wowza streaming engine
- IP network remote control, remote viewing, metadata editing, FTP clips
- 3.5-inch color LCD display (920K pixel) with smart focus assist function
- 0.24-inch color viewfinder (1.56M pixel) with smart focus assist function
- Wired remote control supported
- 10 user button assignable functions
- Includes handle unit, SSL-JVC50 7.4V battery, AC Adapter and shotgun microphone