New 1/2-Inch CCD Camera Ideal for High-Speed Traffic Surveillance
- WAYNE, NJ (August 2, 2011) – JVC Professional Products Company, a division of JVC Americas Corp., today introduced the new TK-C9510U Super LoLux™ analog camera. Designed for precise color reproduction in low light, the 1/2-inch CCD camera delivers 600 TV lines of resolution and is an ideal choice for traffic and other challenging surveillance operations.
- “CMOS-based cameras are very good for some surveillance applications, but the inherent ‘rolling shutter’ technology limits their effectiveness when capturing license plate details on moving vehicles,” explained Ian Scott, vice president, JVC Security Group. “If you want to ID moving vehicles on highways or at toll booth locations, you need a very good CCD-based camera. The new TK-C9510U provides excellent images day or night, rain or shine. In fact, the PAL version of the camera is already shipping in Europe and proving popular with a number of major highway agencies and subway systems across the continent.”
- Like other Super LoLux cameras, the TK-C9510U features advanced 14-bit digital processing with JVC’s new Clear Logic Video Intelligence (CLVI), which compensates for back lighting and improves imagery in adverse weather conditions such as fog or rain. With the ExDR (Extended Dynamic Range) “Plus” function, the camera can clearly display people and characters in the foreground even when they are against an extremely bright background. Other features include dual shutter and automatic gain control for improved low-light performance.
- Eight preset scene modes to simplify installation, and switching between modes is possible via the alarm input. The TK-C9510U also offers RS-485 remote control and accommodates multi-protocol communications support.
- The TK-C9510U is expected to ship in early 2012.