Expands V.Networks line-up with Full Motion Multi-Stream IP Camera Provides 4x Image Resolution of Traditional VGA
WAYNE, NJ (October 29, 2008) – JVC has expanded its V.Networks line-up of advanced IP based video security products with the introduction of the new VN-X35U IP security camera. Combining JVC’s latest IP technologies, this new 1.3 megapixel camera offers real-time image scaling from VGA to QUAD VGA, without affecting the viewing angle, allowing users to conserve bandwidth with VGA images, yet benefit from megapixel resolution when needed.
Education, retail, government, law enforcement and other users that require the highest resolution will also benefit from the VN-X35U’s ability to digitally zoom in on the recorded image to provide precise image detail in any conditions day or night. The VN-X35U creates a surveillance environment where the user can see an image at four times the resolution of standard IP network cameras.
“JVC’s has taken another bold step forward with the introduction of the VN-X35U. While megapixel technology is not uncommon, JVC’s implementation in the camera makes it useful, practical and economical,” said Geoff Anderson, national marketing manager for Security Products, JVC Professional Products Company. “Realtime scalability gives the viewer megapixel resolution at critical moments, while providing a bandwidth friendly VGA signal at other times. Our customers are demanding this feature.”
The VN-X35U utilizes a highly sensitive 1/3” progressive scan CCD with 1.3 megapixels. A full motion multi-stream codec delivers both JPEG and MPEG-4 streams simultaneously at 15 frames per second. In addition, bi-directional audio with built-in microphone and speaker jacks, provides not only audio information necessary for forensic evaluation purposes, but the ability to communicate with people at the camera's location. With QUAD-VGA resolution, up to four times the area can be monitored so fewer cameras are required for surveillance. The digital PTZ function allows panning and zooming of the image with no moving parts. This can not only save money on the initial purchase, but adds reliability and reduces maintenance costs.
- The VN-X35U features a motion detection function that outputs an alarm, with two inputs and two outputs, whenever movement is detected within a pre-specified area of the image.
- The camera’s true day/night operation is achieved with the IR Cut Filter to deliver images in light levels as low as 0.3 lux in color and 0.2 lux in black & white mode. Proper video levels are ensured with an advanced AGC (Automatic gain control) that optimizes picture quality at all times during the day. A day / night function removes the IR filter and switches over to the black and white mode at night. The VN-X35U supports industry standard Power over Ethernet (POE) for quick installation. Video, audio and power are carried on a single Ethernet cable instead of separate data and AC power cables.
- V.Networks products combine JVC's legendary high picture quality with state-of-the-art IP technology. As one of the first manufacturers of IP based video cameras and network recorders, .JVC is the only major brand that designs and builds the key components in its IP systems in its own factories. Plug and play features greatly simplify installation and configuration for system integrators, while JVC's open platform provides superb value opportunity for resellers. As part of JVC's V.Networks system, the VN-X35U is the perfect complement to JVC's VR-N900U or VR-N1600U network video recorders which provide an all-digital IP security solution for small to enterprise level security systems.
- The VN-X35U will be available in October 2008. High-resolution photos and color brochures are available on the JVC Web site at http://pro.jvc.com/newsroom.
- ABOUT JVC PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS COMPANY
- JVC Professional Products Company, located in Wayne, New Jersey, is a leading supplier to the video security industry with a complete line of IP network and analog security cameras, network video recorders, monitors and accessories. For more information about this, or any other JVC Professional Products Company product, contact JVC at (800) 582-5825; or Candace Vadnais at PFS Marketwyse 973-812-8883, ext. 430 or visit JVC’s Web site at http://www.jvc.com/pro.