Pro AV Catalog
3131 Katella Ave
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, creates innovative projection technologies for business, education, rental and staging, and the home. Incorporating industry-leading 3LCD technology, Epson offers installation, interactive and portable projectors designed to deliver quality, reliability and cost-effective performance. To learn more, please visit: www.epson.com
Model: PowerLite L210SF
Change the way you think about classroom displays with the PowerLite® L210SF.
Epson BrightLink 455Wi Interactive Projector Expands Education Possibilities with Two Ways to Collaborate
Posted on Wednesday, March 2, 2011
LONG BEACH, Calif. – March 2, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the BrightLink 455Wi interactive projector designed to transform a wall or table into an interactive learning area. With the included wall mount or table mount sold separately, the BrightLink 455Wi interactive projector can be used to transform a wall, whiteboard or table into an interactive learning area. This flexibility allows for educators to meet the varied learning needs of their students – whether in large groups, small work teams or even individually – while maximizing the existing space in their classrooms.
“Flexible and adaptable classroom tools are becoming increasingly important to enhancing the learning and development process,” said Claudine Wolas-Shiva, senior product manager, Epson America, Inc. “In addition to wall-mounted interactivity that has expanded educational options for teachers and students, the BrightLink 455Wi adds functionality that can create an interactive table, offering more advantages and a huge value to educators.”
The Epson BrightLink 455Wi interactive projector + pen combination is an ultra-short throw solution offering image size flexibility and advanced connectivity options to project onto a whiteboard, wall, table, or other smooth, light-colored, hard surface. BrightLink offers installation flexibility by providing a wide range of XGA and WXGA usable interactive areas, and features 2,500 lumens color and white light output2 and native WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for full compatibility with widescreen notebooks and visual content.
The solution includes two digital infrared pens, a new pen tray, and wall mount hardware for a great value and easy installation out of the box. An easy-to-attach table mount, which extends the BrightLink’s functionality to a standard tabletop, will be available separately3. And due to its flexibility and compatibility with tables, the BrightLink 455Wi offers a larger interactive image area and wheelchair accessibility compared to existing interactive table solutions.
In addition, new accessories are available for the BrightLink 455Wi, providing greater versatility for the education environment. A height-adjustable mobile cart is designed specifically for an Epson ultra-short throw projector, and can be quickly rolled between classrooms. It comes equipped with a wide leg base, locking wheels and height-setting mechanism for different sized presenters. In addition, a new height-adjustable wall mount provides simple one-handed operation to adjust the height, making it easy to use for a variety of age groups.
More about the BrightLink 455Wi
The BrightLink 455Wi provides several easy-to-use and versatile features designed for the classroom, including:
- Interactive Table Mode: When used with a specially designed table mount, the BrightLink 455Wi can be used to transform a table* into an interactive table for small group learning centers, giving students a gathering place to explore digital lessons, play educational games and work together on interactive learning activities
- Updated Interactive Driver: When using Microsoft tablet features and ink tools, BrightLink will automatically engage those tools, bringing them front and center for use with the projector4
- New Pen Tray: Holds two pens and can be attached magnetically or installed with included screws
- Increased Speaker and Microphone Input: Dedicated input allows teachers to use a microphone to amplify voice using the increased internal 12W speaker, saving the teacher’s voice and ensuring all students can hear; volume can be adjusted using projector or remote control buttons
- Flexible Size Setup: Creates one of the largest widescreen interactive areas without the need to pay a premium for size; select the size to match and maximize available space with variable image sizes from 59-inches to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) or 55-inches to 85-inches diagonal (XGA)
- Ultra-Short Throw Distance: Can be mounted as close as 2.8-inches away from the wall to accommodate smaller classrooms or meetings rooms, and can project a 80-inch diagonal image from only 10-inches away; new high performance optics virtually eliminate hardware and shadow interference
- Simplified Network Monitoring and Control: Flexible sizing in a single projector can meet the needs of multiple room environments, and RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote monitoring and control via an IT network helps saves time and money, regardless of the projector’s physical location
- Message Broadcasting: Included EasyMP® Monitor software allows projector to be used as a broadcast system to show customized images and alerts over the network for announcements or instructions
- Low Total Cost of Ownership: New electrostatic air filter extends life of filter by 1,000 hours5 for a suggested 5,000 hour maintenance cycle6
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
- Easy Setup and Control: Instant On and Instant Off® helps to avoid delays when starting and finishing lectures; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images, customizable Sleep Mode saves energy, and 1.6x manual zoom offers positioning flexibility
- USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentations from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a standard USB cable
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness7
You must be logged in to add more than four items to your comparison list.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Contact Tech Electronics
6437 Manchester Ave
St. Louis, MO 63139
United States, End-user Inquiries Only
Request more information from a dealer near you
Request more information from a dealer near you