Saros® speakers by Crestron® deliver professional grade performance and flexible installation in a range of popular sizes for demanding commercial applications. Solid construction, easy installation, and high-end components are hallmarks of the Saros speaker line. Ideal for use in background or foreground music, paging, and sound reinforcement systems, Saros speakers are engineered to achieve smooth, even coverage, high output,and clear, natural sound quality.
The SarosPDS8Tmodelis an8inch pendant subwoofer designed to provide extended low-frequency response for music and sound reinforcement applications. Power handling is 100 Watts (program) at 8 Ohms, with a tailored frequency response of 45 Hz to 125 Hz (±3 dB) and a usable range down to 35 Hz. A built-in transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems.
Its built-in low-pass filter allows the Saros PDS8T to sound great alongside Saros 4, 6, and 8 inch full-range speakers without requiring a separate crossover. Optimum performance and sound quality is achieved using a biamplified sound system such as the Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System,which can be configured to employ a dedicated subwoofer amplifier channel with active 2-way crossover.
The SarosPDS8Tis designed to be suspended from a ceiling truss in an open-ceiling environment. Its clean, contoured enclosure achieves an attractive appearance in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, and office buildings. Weatherized construction allows for use in outdoor entertainment venues,patios, and swimming pools.To facilitate installation, a 10ft(3 m) length of wire rope with attached snap hook is supplied. Securing the wire rope to the truss and adjusting it to the desired length is accomplished quickly and easily using the provided Gripple® self-locking wire rope grip.
To achieve its sleek, sculpted appearance, the Saros PDS8Temploys a durable ABS plastic housing and “zero-bezel” frameless grille. Composed of steel, the grille is held in place by powerful magnets, eliminating any visible screws or other hardware. A safety tether is included to prevent the grille from ever presenting a falling hazard. Setting the 70/100V transformer tap is performed via a screwdriver-adjustable control located on the speaker baffle behind the grille.
Wiring connectionsare provided on the top of the speaker adjacent to the suspension rigging point. Connecting the wiring is fa
- High-performance suspended subwoofer for open-ceiling applications
- Weather-resistant for use under eves and in semi-enclosed spaces
- 8" polypropylene wooferwith rubber surround for deep, full low end
- Optimized dual front ports for enhanced bass response
- Phase plug for reduced beaming at higher frequencies
- Built-in 70/100 Volt transformer
- 100Watts program power handling at 8 Ohms
- 45Hz-125Hzfrequency response
- Rigid glass fiber reinforced ABS construction
- Magnetically attached steel frameless grille
- Available in black or white
- Paintable to blend with surroundings
- Includes wire rope hanger assembly with Gripple® hardware for quick and easy installation